For a truly decadent Easter treat, try our Hot Cross Bun Puddings. These are a combination of a bread and butter pudding and a chocolate custard rolled into one, all with the added bonus of sultanas and spices!
- 1/2 cup ground almonds
- 125g dark chocolate chopped
- 6 hot cross buns
- 7 eggs
- 1 1/2 x cups milk
- 1 cup cream
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3/4 cup soft brown sugar
- 1⁄4 tsp cinnamon
- 1⁄4 tsp nutmeg
- Combine chopped chocolate with ground almonds so the chocolate is coated in the almonds and set to one side.
- Mix the eggs, milk, cream, vanilla, soft brown sugar, cinnamon & nutmeg until sugar is dissolved.
- Slice each bun into thirds horizontally, grease and line in a muffin tin making sure the baking paper is 3cm above the tin to allow for leakage and rising.
- Layer with the bottom piece of bun first then sprinkle about a Tbsp of the chocolate mix, continue until you finish with the top bun with the cross.
- Pour the custard mix over each pudding letting it soak in for around 10- 15 mins before baking at 150c for 20-30 mins or until custard is cooked.
- Let cool for 20mins then remove from tins and dust with plenty of icing sugar.
Trust us it will be really hard to only eat one.